Thursday 12 July 2012

Mixed Seafood Olio @ Hungry Jack's (Ngee Ann Poly)

Hey guys! How are you all doing? I hope you're all doing fine!

So just to share while I crack my head what to eat for lunch everyday, I decided to have my food from Hungry Jack's on Monday (9 July 2012).

Although I've tried once from the stall, I decided to try a different meal this time around. While looking at the menu, I decided to tried the Mixed Seafood Olio as it "sounds" appetizing costing $5.50. The queue and waiting time for the food wasn't that long. It took them around 10-15 minutes to get it prepared and served. The smell of the food adds on to my already hungry tummy.

Now for the food tasting session. Firstly by looking at it's presentation, it looks quite nice. People say first impression makes a difference. As for the taste of the food, I give it a overall score of 3/5. I have my reasons for this. Although it managed to appeal on a visual  level, the food it not that tasty.

One of the reason is that it taste a bit blend. I can say that it lacks the seasoning to make it taste better. For those who like spicy food, this might satisfies your taste. It has prawns, squid rings, cauliflowers and to add to this it has bird's eye chilli to give it's spiciness. Personally, I do not favour this meal as it does not fulfill my taste of food but don't take my word for it. Most importantly, it's HALAL. You can try it and judge it yourself @ Makan Place (Ngee Ann Poly).

Ngee Ann Polytechnic is located 535 Clementi Road, Singapore 599489



View Larger Map
Till the next time, this is Sulaiman signing off.

5 comments:

  1. Ah i see , the food definitely looks better than the one in my school .. Btw , Bland * :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey food blogger,
    i wonder how much does it cost for Mixed Seafood Olio @ Hungry Jack's but i should be cheap as it have prawns, squid rings, cauliflowers. The serving look kind of little. Since you mention that the taste is kind of blend, why not try adding more cheese? If the serving is more i think i will give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Andrew Lim: Oh really? So which school are you from? And thanks for the correction.

    @Vinson Chen: Total cost would be $5.50. I guess it's considered cheap as it's a western food stall and maybe by adding cheese it might taste better but at that time it has run out of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi food blogger,
    I find the food display very appetizing and makes me want to have a try in Makan Place @ Ngee Ann Poly.Just want to ask can i have a non spicy mixed seafood as I don't quite take spicy food that well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @iamfiee Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure about that. Perhaps you can ask the cook for a non spicy mixed seafood version when you place your order.

    ReplyDelete