Monday 16 July 2012

Haja Maideen Mee Stall


Aizuddin here bringing you my very first food review. The stall that I'm going to review is the Haja Maideen Mee Stall. Situated ABC at Brickworks Food Centre, Blk 6 Jalan Bukit Merah, it sells mainly noodle dishes, notably Mee Goreng. A quick history about the stall. The stall has been operating at Brickworks since the 80s. It is still run by the same owner and his 2 partners. My dad who used to live around the area when he was still a child and always bought Mee Goreng from the stall. Till today, the stall owner is able to recognise my dad after so many years.

 Now back to the review. When my family and I went there, the place was not really crowded since most people order takeout or if you prefer the Singlish term tapau. I ordered Mee Goreng  and in less than 5 minutes I was served. As you can see, it doesn't use any fancy cutlery or plates. Instead, only disposable styrofoam plates with plastic fork and spoons. At first glance it might look like your typical dish but like they say - never judge a book by its cover. I can't really describe how good the dish is. It's just really good. For those who can't stand spicy food, rest assured that the dish isn't spicy at all. However if you are those that can't get enough of chili, just remember to ask to add chili when ordering.
And that's the end of my review. So if you happen to be around the Bukit Merah area do come by.



Price: $3.00
Location: Blk 6 Jalan Bukit Merah Location:
#01-26 ABC Brickworks Food Centre S150006



View Larger Map

1 comments: